Learn More About PRP Therapy For Hair Loss.
PRP Therapy For Hair Loss involves injecting a concentration of a patient’s own platelets into the scalp to stimulate hair growth and follicle regeneration.
PRP Therapy For Hair Loss
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy offers a natural and effective approach to treating hair loss, utilizing the patient’s own blood. This method involves separating plasma enriched with platelets, which are key in tissue regeneration, from a small blood sample. PRP is advantageous for its minimal risk of allergic reactions, appealing to those seeking less invasive or natural treatments compared to surgical options.
PRP therapy has demonstrated effectiveness in reactivating dormant hair follicles, thereby enhancing hair density and thickness. The growth factors in the plasma stimulate new hair growth, often in combination with other hair loss treatments for improved outcomes. Its simplicity and potential for noticeable hair regrowth have established PRP as a popular choice in managing hair loss.
How PRP Therapy Works
- Blood Collection: The first step in PRP therapy for hair loss involves drawing a small amount of the patient’s blood, similar to a routine blood test.
- Centrifugation: The collected blood is then placed in a centrifuge. This machine spins the blood at high speeds to separate its components, particularly to concentrate the platelets in the plasma.
- Extraction of Platelet-Rich Plasma: After centrifugation, the plasma layer enriched with platelets is extracted. This platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is the key component used in the treatment, rich in growth factors.
- Preparation for Injection: The PRP is then prepared for injection. This may involve activating the platelets to release growth factors, often with calcium chloride or a similar activator.
- Injection into the Scalp: Finally, the PRP is meticulously injected into the areas of the scalp affected by hair loss. These injections are targeted to specific hair follicles, stimulating them and promoting new hair growth and follicle rejuvenation.
PRP Therapy Before & After Photos
About Dr. Steven Davis
Dr. Steven L. Davis is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellow in both The American College of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
Dr. Davis founded Davis Hair Restoration in Cherry Hill, NJ, aiming to foster a setting where patients can feel at ease. His method encourages patients to discuss their concerns about their face, breast, hair and body freely. This nurtures a strong doctor-patient relationship, ensuring optimal results. From the initial consultation to post-operative recovery and ongoing care, Dr. Davis’ approach to patient care is distinctively attentive and results oriented.